ENTRIES FOR 2019 ARE NOW OPEN BELOW
**********UPDATE - NEARLY FULL, WE ONLY HAVE SPACE FOR TWO MORE TEAMS, ENTER NOW OR MISS OUT!!!*********
On receipt of your entry form we will email the team captain with a team number, an invoice, bank account and reference for payment of the $150 per angler entry fee, plus $20 per meal ticket required.
TRIFECTA 2019 - THE RULES
The Trifecta is staged on NZ's fishing mecca of the Eastern Coromandel, and hosted at Tairua Fishing Club.
Once again we are planning an awesome social occasion that celebrates three awesome spring fish - hapuku, kingfish and snapper.
This years event will be run over two days again - the 27th and 28th Sept, giving you the best possible chance of catching all three species of fish.
We'll have a range of awesome prizes once again for individuals and teams.
We hope you can all make it along for the third annual 'Trifecta'!
KEY TIMES AND DATES
Entry Cut Off: 14 September @$150pp (or earlier if tickets sell out)
Briefing night: From 4pm Thursday 26 Sept
Buffet from Marines Kitchen Thursday night ($20 if purchased on entry, $25 on night)
(all entrants must be at briefing by 8pm)
Fishing Days 27 and 28 Sept
Daily Start Fishing: 5am Fri 27 , Sat 28
Daily Stop Fishing: 5pm Fri, 4pm Sat
Weigh station closes: Must be in line before 5pm Saturday 28 Sept
Prizegiving: From 7pm Saturday 28 Sept (Live Band COSHA and Prizes)
Buffet from Marines Kitchen Saturday night ($20 if purchased on entry, $25 on night)
Great Barrier Island to Motiti including Cuvier, Mercury Islands, Aldermen Islands and Mayor Island
Launch from Tairua, Whitianga, Kuaotunu, Cooks, Whangamata, Tauranga
(Contingency Note: Tairua bar will be closed if the harbourmaster has a caution warning. In the event the East Coast is not fishable, the Firth of Thames will be opened up and species changed. This event will take place regardless of forecast and all prizes will be given out.)
PRIZES AND CATEGORIES
Release of kingfish and snapper is encouraged but not mandatory.
Kingfish (measure) 1st 2nd 3rd in 3 categories (Male, Female, Junior)
Snapper (measure) 1st 2nd 3rd in 3 categories (Male, Female, Junior)
Hapuku (weigh) 1st 2nd 3rd in 3 categories (Male, Female, Junior)
TRIFECTA - TEAM PRIZE (Points) 1st 2nd 3rd
5 longest snapper + 3 longest kingfish + 100pts for puka (max of 3) MULTIPLIED BY SPECIES CAUGHT
NB: Hapuku weight does not count towards Trifecta - 100 POINTS FOR A HAPUKU.
TRIFECTA - ANGLER PRIZE 1st 2nd 3rd
2 longest snapper + longest kingfish + 100pts for a puka (max of 1) - MULTIPLIED BY SPECIES CAUGHT
GRAND PRIZE - STABICRAFT 1410 - DRAWN FROM ANYONE CATCHING ALL THREE SPECIES!!!!
WE'VE GOT LOADS OF COOL PRIZES THANKS TO OUR AMAZING SPONSORS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE TRIFECTA
The 'organiser' is "Zoned In Ltd"
The 'entrant' is anyone entering as an angler in the Trifecta
The 'team captain' is the nominated team captain for each team
The 'event' is The Trifecta fishing event being held at the Tairua Fishing Club 27,28 Sept 2018 (briefing 28 Sept)
1. The organiser is organising a social event at the Tairua Fishing Club. This includes entertainment, prizes and the weighing and judging of fish caught on 27,28 Sept. The organiser takes no responsibility for the safety of entrants on the water.
2. The team captain is the person responsible for their own safety, the safety of their entrants and anyone on their vessel.
3. The organiser strongly recommends every vessel entering has the appropriate safety gear including but not limited to EPIRB, VHF radio, lifejackets, flares, fire extinguisher and a Coastguard call sign
4. The organiser reserves the right to change the rules of the competition prior to briefing night
5. The organiser reserves the right to change the fishing boundaries prior to briefing night
6. All entrants must attend the briefing night on 26 Sept
7. All entrants must attend the prizegiving on 28 Sept. Prize winners must attend the prizegiving to claim their prize, or the prize will be drawn.
8. All entrants agree that their details and photos and any video footage of them can be used in perpetuity by the organiser
9. The judges decision on winners is final. No correspondence will be entered in to.
10. The event will take place regardless of weather conditions. All prizes will be drawn if no fish are caught or if no fishing takes place. Fishing areas may change if adverse weather conditions are forecast. This decision will be made assuming entrants are fishing in a 7m+ pontoon boat. Team captains should make their own decision on where to fish within the competition boundaries, based on their assessment of the conditions.
11. All team members and entrants agree to abide by the rules set out as advised on briefing night
12. The organiser reserves the right to change any categories and prizes prior to the breifing night
13. All entrants must abide by Ministry of Primary Industries fisheries rules
14. All entrants must use the tournament mat to measure their fish
15. The team captain is responsible to ensure his or her boat adheres to all maritime and local council rules and bylaws relevant.
16. All fish must be caught using IGFA and NZBGFC rules and bylaws. Exceptions: Braid to 60kg is allowed. Assist hooks are allowed on jigs. Treble hooks are allowed on stickbaits.
17. All event organizers decision is final.
18. All team captains are responsible for passing on information to crew.
19 All entrants agree and accept :
-To enter this tournament at their own risk.
-Not to hold any tournament organizer, official, sponsor or any other person involved with this tournament responsible for any loss or injury to person or equipment incurred during this tournament.
-Not withstanding any representations made it shall be the responsibility of all entrants to ensure that the provisions of all statutes ordinances are complied with.
-The above signed team Captain agrees to have read and understood the tournament rules.